Website Animax Designs
Characters in Motion!
Animax Designs is growing and we are seeking inspired, motivated individuals to join our team. Experience is the key!
Position Title: Senior Controls Engineer
The Senior Controls Engineer will generate electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyze schematics, produce technical documentation, troubleshoot designs and equipment, determine component specifications, and develop programming to operate animated characters.
This is a senior-level position, capable of designing and troubleshooting complex electrical functions while working with little to no supervision.
- Continuous development of electrical controls designs and standards
- Support project teams in developing and executing the electrical/controls scope of work
- Collaborates with mechanical engineering to develop automation, standards, guidelines, and templates for automation, control hardware, software, and programming
- Works with design and mechanical engineering to create complete and effective control solutions
- Creation of electrical system models
- Simulation and controller design of electrical dynamic systems
- Contributing to verification, validation, debugging, and testing of control systems
- Read and analyze pneumatic and electrical prints
- Create pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Design the layout of large, complex enclosures
- Verify conformance of components to customer specifications
- Create Bill of Materials and all other associated documentation
- Develop software to operate complex animated figures
- Perform testing and debugging of products using standard lab equipment
- Involved with all internal design reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mastery of Studio 5000, FactoryTalk Panel View and related Allen-Bradley Software
- Excellent working knowledge of Servo drives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of PID and closed loop control;
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, NEMA, UL , 508A
- Experience using CompactLogix and GuardLogix PLCs
- Expertise in AutoCaD Electrical
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Advance degree preferred
- 10-15 years related years related experience
Animax Designs offers a competitive compensation package to include: employees health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation. Animax offers a employee friendly environment that supports work life balance. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 615.622.5701. For questions, please contact Animax Human Resources at 615.889.1248.
Animax is a Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com