Website Animax Designs
Characters in Motion!
Animax Designs is growing and we are seeking inspired, motivated individuals to join our team of highly creative artists and engineers in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment as we develop memorable characters for audiences worldwide. Experience is key!
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for schedules, budgets, resources and deliverables for multiple projects of varying complexity. This position will monitor team progress toward goals and objectives as well as produce detailed plans for effective communication ensuring that the client and internal team understand the goals and deadlines associated. The Sr. Project Manager will be the primary liaison to the customer and will lead regular internal and external meetings to review project progress and status. This position requires a big-picture understanding of the overall project goals and targets, while also tracking granular details to monitor project health, identify and mitigate risk, and resolve issues as they arise.
This is a senior-level position with commensurate scope and scale of project responsibility. In addition, this role will provide oversight, support and guidance to additional project managers in performing their duties. The Sr. Project Manager will be expected to assist in developing and selecting overall processes, standards, templates and controls for the project management team. The candidate will work in collaboration with the Creative Director, Mechanical and Electrical/Controls Engineering Management, Integration Staff, and our Production team to drive projects to completion on-time and on-budget while maintaining Animax’s high-quality standards.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Create and status project plans on an ongoing basis
- Track and maintain project objectives
- Maintain oversight and control of project scope to ensure compliance and to identify potential out of scope requests requiring a change order.
- Monitor internal progress and metrics for Creative, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering activities during project design phases
- Monitor production and quality to ensure company, customer/stakeholder standards and requirements are met
- Manage resources in collaboration with functional managers and leads to ensure project stays on schedule and budget
- Manage a portfolio of small and large projects
- Lead meetings and set expectations for project team and project management functional groups
- Develop and track project budgets
- Report internally and externally on project progress, risks, schedule, budget and recovery plans
- Monitor/control installations through administrative direction of on‐site project team to ensure project is built/installed on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in schedule/deadline negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of project contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with the client.
- Develop support documentation including risk logs and requirement specifications.
- Provide guidance and oversight as required for project management team
- Develop and manage overall project management approach, templates for schedules and reporting, action tracking registers, communication templates for standardization and consistency for both internal and external communications
- Select software tools and develop tracking metrics for project management team and for projects
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members and project managers.
- Ensure project team, staff and manager training and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experienced problem-solver in tight deadline situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team.
- Ability to address and communicate issues quickly.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and resources, hit deadlines and maintain consistent productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act decisively in critical situations or to circumvent a potential problem
- Create an environment that encourages innovation and manages risk taking
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Art or related discipline
- Ten or more years’ experience in large-scale project management
- Three or more years of theme park/entertainment industry experience
- Must be skilled in business relevant technical/creative field of study and/or equivalent education/experience.
- Proficiency with project management software tools, MS Excel, etc.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Experience with highly complex, engineered solutions
- Proficient hands-on knowledge of materials and fabrication techniques including machine part/metalworking, electrical & controls, fiberglass/composites, sculpting and soft skin systems
- Experience in managing projects for one or more of the major US based Theme Parks.
Lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 36 lbs. Close vision work.
Moderate Noise; moving mechanical parts
Animax Designs offers a competitive compensation package to include: employee’s health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation. Animax is a fast-paced creative environment that still seeks to support employees’ work life balance. Animax is an equal opportunity employer. Please email resumes to email@example.com or fax to 615.622.5701. For questions, please contact HR at 615.889.1248.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org