Animax is growing and looking to hire a Technical Design Director to be responsible for guiding and facilitating creative as well as mechanical/electrical/controls design and engineering methods to ensure smooth design-through-production work flow. Candidate will work in collaboration with Production Director, Creative Director, R&D Director and our design integration staff to achieve balanced compromise and solutions between creative intent and physical functionality, while constantly improving overall schedule milestones and budget adherence.
- Developing innovative solutions, resolving design and development problems.
- Interact with Creative Director to achieve a balanced compromise solution between creative intent and physical functionality.
- Interact with R&D Director to establish priorities, brainstorm new ideas, and to organize and communicate results to other design/engineering/fabrication teams.
- Direct mechanical/electrical/controls design, engineering, integration, and fabrication teams.
- Develop better production strategies alongside the Production Director.
- Developing project specifications alongside Creative and Production Directors.
- Assist with tendering process – In conjunction with the Procurement Manager and Consultants prepare documentation, obtain competitive/negotiated tenders, and recommend appointments for external consultants and contractors to be engaged by the Company for works projects.
- Put together proposals/business cases.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues, contractors, consultants.
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Manage budgets and other project resources.
- Manage change. Coordinate change with Production Director.
- Ensure relevant parties are notified of changes in the project.
- Compile reports.
- Review and approve project drawings and documentation.
- Adopt all relevant requirements around issues such as electrical, mechanical and environmental regulations and safe working practices.
- Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements before final evaluation and project reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Degree Preferred (Industrial Design or ME/EE), not required.
20 years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of product development.
- Proficient hands-on knowledge of materials and fabrication techniques including machine part/metalworking, electrical & controls, fiberglass/composites, and soft skin systems.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic/space mechanics
- Knowledge of motion-based design
- Some knowledge of statistical methods and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied mechanical engineering in product design and evaluation
- Understand both creative vision and mechanical design
- Understands electrical engineering
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks & Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of Autocad Electrical, Maya, Rhino, Adobe & other design software preferred
Lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 36 lbs. Close vision work.
Moderate Noise; moving mechanical parts, some travel.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com