Website Animax Designs
Characters in Motion!
At Animax Designs we create engaging characters that delight and entertain audiences the world over. Our work is featured in themed rides & attractions, theatrical performances, parades, spectacles & events, television and film.
We bring unparalleled design and engineering to every aspect of our work, including intelligent animated figures, interactive characters, animated costumes, and mechanized & traditional puppetry, delivering the highest quality product to our customers on time and on budget.
We are looking for an Electrical/Controls Engineer to join our rapidly growing animatronics team. The Controls Engineer will generate electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyze schematics, produce appropriate documentation, troubleshoot designs, determine component specifications, and write programming to operate animatronic characters.
This is a senior level position, capable of designing and troubleshooting extremely complex electrical functions while working with little to no supervision. This position reports to the Controls Department Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create pneumatic and electrical prints
- Read and analyze pneumatic and electrical prints
- Verify conformance of components to customer specifications
- Create Bill of Materials
- Perform testing and debugging of products
- Develop programs to operate devices
- Use digital multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Proficiency in ladder logic
- Ability to program HMI screens
- Understanding of industry standards (UL, CE, NEMA, etc.)
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent networking (Ethernet/IP) knowledge
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Advanced degree is highly desirable
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent soldering ability
- History of building controls enclosures
- Knowledge of VFDs and servo drives
- PLC programming
- HMI programming
MISCELLANEOUS JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel, both international and domestic
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org