Website Animax Designs
Characters in Motion!
At Animax Designs we create engaging characters that delight and entertain audiences the world over. Our work is featured in themed rides & attractions, theatrical performances, parades, spectacles & events, television and film.
We bring unparalleled design and engineering to every aspect of our work, including intelligent animated figures, interactive characters, animated costumes, and mechanized & traditional puppetry, delivering the highest quality product to our customers on time and on budget.
As a 3D Modeler/Technical Animator, attention to real world physics and limitations should both guide and influence your approach to our unique animation and design challenges. As part of our in-house creative team and supervised by Animax’s Creative Director, you will work across departments to balance the creative and mechanical design needs that are key to a successful final product. The ideal candidate will be organized and forward thinking, excel at problem spotting and problem solving, and have an ability to quickly and effectively translate critiques into solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Technical Animator.
- Proficiency with 3D software (Maya, ZBrush) required.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other CAD based software a major plus.
- Experience with a real-time game engine (Unity, Unreal) a plus but not necessary.
- Ability to create clean and organized character topology.
- Knowledge of UV creation and layout methodology, with working knowledge of texture creation and shader types.
- Expertise in character rigging techniques and animation tool development.
- Strong knowledge of animation principles with a focus on real world performance limitations.
- Flexible and adaptive to multiple modeling practices.
- Ability to repurpose high-resolution sculptures into usable polygonal and CAD based models.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and develop tools to enhance workflow.
- Motivated, team player that can work quickly with both minimal direction and heavy client interaction.
- Organized team player with good communication and time management skills.
- Bridge the gap between the creative and mechanical design teams by creating great models, robust rigs, and physically achievable animations.
- Find and solve technical animation issues that will happen during production and clearly communicate solutions to team members to improve efficiency.
- Support creative challenges by seeking cutting edge solutions to visual development needs.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, other team leads, animators, and mechanical designers to develop exceptional production assets.
- Push the boundaries of high quality animation and design through advanced content creation methods.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com