Website Animax Designs
Characters in Motion
At Animax Designs we create engaging characters that delight and entertain audiences the world over. Our work is featured in themed rides & attractions, theatrical performances, parades, spectacles & events, television and film.
We bring unparalleled design and engineering to every aspect of our work, including intelligent animated figures, interactive characters, animated costumes, and mechanized & traditional puppetry, delivering the highest quality product to our customers on time and on budget.
As a 3D Modeler/Draftsman, an ability to create complex surface and solid models to solve our unique animation and design challenges is a must. As part of our in-house creative team and supervised by Animax’s Creative Director, you will work across departments to balance the creative and mechanical design needs that are key to a successful final product. The ideal candidate will be organized and forward thinking, excel at problem spotting and problem solving, and have an ability to quickly and effectively translate critiques into solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a surface/solid modeler.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (preferably Solidworks) required.
- Proficiency with polygonal 3D modeling software (Maya, ZBrush) and the Adobe Creative Suite a major plus.
- Ability to create clean, organized, and editable history trees and assemblies.
- Understanding of how to marry organic, class A surfaces to mechanical understructures.
- Flexible and adaptive to multiple modeling practices.
- Understanding of machinability requirements, 3D printing, and mechanical design methodology.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and develop tools to enhance workflow.
- Motivated, team player that can work quickly and make adjustments on the fly.
- Organized team player with good communication and time management skills.
- Bridge the gap between the creative and mechanical design teams by creating advanced surface and solid models for CNC machining or 3D printing.
- Discover workarounds and unique methodologies necessary to make highly organic shapes fit correctly on complex mechanisms.
- Draft accurate drawings for part creation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com